Why Georgia Overland?

In a word, Connectivity. I wish to find all open and legal, unpaved roads in Georgia. The goal is to create a network of dirt, gravel or unimproved roads and trails across Georgia. My focus is on North Georgia, though the project is open to any roads in the state that meet the criteria, and will likely include portions of NW South Carolina, SW North Carolina, SE Tennessee and NE Alabama. If you have a favorite legal trail, track or route you wish to share, and you have no reservations offering it up freely to the world, send an email my way.

Enjoy the journey,

David
David@georgiaoverland.com


Thursday, August 19, 2010

Coming Soon: Burrells Ford Rd to Bald Mountain Rd

With Road Rally and family obligations keeping me busy many weekends, I have neglected Georgia Overland. Captured in March, I have a nice trail running from the Georgia/South Carolina border to the Georgia/North Carolina border. I hope to have the processing and cleanup completed in the next week or two. Keep an eye out for it!

2 comments:

  1. I live here and know all these trails. I have a good sized Jeep club and we ride all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rabunjeeper, thanks for the comment. There are a number of connecting trails that I did not have time to collect when I was up there last, so I will definitely return in the near future. While I don't live up there, I have been visiting the area for the last 13 or 14 years. We used to camp at Rabun Bald and would ride out to the Bus on Sarah's Creek. That area has changed. I may have a few questions for you once I finish cleaning up the Burrells Ford trail data.

    ReplyDelete

Please enter your comments here: