Why Georgia Overland?

In a word, Connectivity. I wish to find all open and legal, unpaved roads in Georgia. The goal is to create a network of dirt, gravel or unimproved roads and trails across Georgia. My focus is on North Georgia, though the project is open to any roads in the state that meet the criteria, and will likely include portions of NW South Carolina, SW North Carolina, SE Tennessee and NE Alabama. If you have a favorite legal trail, track or route you wish to share, and you have no reservations offering it up freely to the world, send an email my way.

Enjoy the journey,

David
David@georgiaoverland.com


Sunday, October 9, 2011

Catching up and looking forward

I'm behind on getting the new route data cleaned up. I'm also making a few changes to the way I displayed older data. Hopefully, the changes I make now will help when I produce the final route map.

As it stands, I believe I will have the majority of the route wrapped up early 2012 and the plan is to have a proper, hard copy Georgia Overland route map printed and available by Fall 2012.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited about the GA traverse. You have to lead the first trip. Its a cool idea and a great route for both dual sport bikes and 4wds. Great work David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Daniel. Either the KTM or the Tacoma would be great for the traverse.

    ReplyDelete

Please enter your comments here: