Why Georgia Overland?

In a word, Connectivity. I wish to find all open and legal, unpaved roads in Georgia. The goal is to create a network of dirt, gravel or unimproved roads and trails across Georgia. My focus is on North Georgia, though the project is open to any roads in the state that meet the criteria, and will likely include portions of NW South Carolina, SW North Carolina, SE Tennessee and NE Alabama. If you have a favorite legal trail, track or route you wish to share, and you have no reservations offering it up freely to the world, send an email my way.

Enjoy the journey,

David
David@georgiaoverland.com


Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cohutta WMA to Taylor Ridge

I debated whether I should include this section as you must travel a substantial distance on pavement between the Cohutta WMA and Taylor Ridge. I included it because I appreciated the completeness of the route. I started the Georgia Traverse project on the east side of the state at the Georgia/South Carolina border and I really wanted to wrap it up on the west at the Georgia/Alabama border. It took some time to find suitable, connected roads to include in the final section of the Traverse and I'm happy with the results.
  
Download the Cohutta WMA to Taylor Ridge .kmz file.

View the Cohutta WMA to Taylor Ridge .kmz file in Google Maps.

1 comment:

  1. Hey David, just thought I'd let you know that I might have found another route that could possibly "complete" the route to Alabama. It goes up and over Pigeon Mountain on Rocky Road. I've thought about going and checking out this route over the 4th of July holiday, if you have any interest in going and checking it out then, or any time, let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Please enter your comments here: